They perished from burns at a fuel-selling black market outlet in Satellite Town, Lagos.
It was discovered that the deceased children’s father owned the shop and allegedly sold contaminated petrol there.
When the fire started around 5 p.m. on Saturday, Daily Trust learned that the children had been sleeping in the store while their mother was outside.
She allegedly went in to save the kids but ended up caught in the flames.
Olayiwola Ibrahim, a local, told our correspondent that the three victims were completely burned beyond recognition.
There was a nearby fire outbreak, he claimed.